Volunteer and Intern Opportunities
Translation Volunteers (in particular, French, Arabic and Spanish):
REDRESS is seeking applications for volunteers willing to do written translation work on an ad hoc basis. While we would especially welcome applicants who can translate to and from French, Arabic and Spanish, we also accept applicants with relevant skills in Turkish, Russian and Kinyarwanda
Qualifications and experience:
- Strong written and spoken English
- Strong written and spoken French, Arabic, Spanish, Turkish, Russian or Kinyarwanda
- Good organisational skills
- Knowledge of human rights, international law and the translation of legal texts is desirable, but not essential
The time commitment will vary as the work is irregular and flexible. Volunteers will be contacted when a translation is needed, and asked whether they are available. Please note that this is an unpaid position, and the volunteer will be expected to work from home.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
How to apply:
If you would like to be considered please send a brief cover letter highlighting your key skills, and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your likely availability (maximum time that you are willing to commit to a project and any days or periods in the upcoming months that you will definitely not be available).
- A strong background in public international law, human rights and international humanitarian law is required.
- Strong research skills required
- Foreign language skills (esp. Spanish, Arabic, Russian, and French) extremely desirable